8 January, 1938
Problems are beginning to appear in my plans. The whole neutrality thing isn't going to work, what with me having to decline pretty much every trade proposal because I DON'T HAVE ANY SUPPLIES SO STOP ASKING ME DAMMIT! Other than that I think I've managed to keep on everybody's good side as far as I'm aware, so maybe they won't want to attack me. Just in case though, all of my production is now geared towards producing units, mostly in Stalingrad and the Eastern theatre. Unfortunately, it's going to take longer than expected, and a lot of them probably won't be around for the actual outbreak of the war. Still, may as well get as many as possible whilst I have the chance.
I've also managed to solve my oil crisis, managing to secure deals with Germany and Nationalist China for an extra income, and also finishing my increased efficiency technology. Speaking of technology, my infantry is certainly looking better than it did before, and might actually be able to do some damage. My tanks are also fairly formidable, and I'm well on the way to unlocking medium tanks.
In fact, I start researching them around about the same time as Germany annex Austria. Hey Western Europe, wasn't that kind of, y'know, against the rules of the Treaty of Versailles or something? Oh, I see you're all too cowardly to take him on. Not that I'm going to of course, but that's irrelevant.
Way over on the other side of the country, Nationalist China ask for some help against Japan. So, stay neutral, or give a bit of help to a potential ally? I finally abandon my policy of neutrality, and agree to send over a heck of a lot of tanks, supplies and miscellaneous weaponry. Go nuts guys.
Also, what the hell is Britain and France's problem? They keep attacking me with spies, messing up my technology and production. Leave me alone! I'm on your side idiots. Well, I probably will be anyway.
In fact, my own people aren't helping the situation, what with them holding secret meetings and printing illegal leaflets etc. I mean, I'm all for free speech, and this is going to cost me a lot of money, but I'm going to have to shut these guys down.
Norway and Denmark are still gradually floating towards Cominterm, unfortunately they're about the only countries that are. Perhaps it's all of the horrific stories about our martial law and evil secret police, I don't know.
And so we pass into the second half of 1938. I won't be ready when the war comes, and I'm fairly sure I probably won't have that many allies when it does arrive. But, I suppose I'll just have to make the best of it, and maybe pre-emptively strike against Germany. Maybe.
So does the War still star in Sept 1939, between Axis and Allies, regardless of all treaties you've made/ actions you've taken?
ReplyDelete