Wednesday, 2 February 2011

My Heart of Iron: Intro

I thought it might be best to explain a little about my project, and about the game itself.

Hearts of Iron III is a real-time (albeit a very slow real-time), huge scale strategy game, set during World War Two. Apologies to anyone who fell asleep at that idea and broke their nose on the keyboard. You take control of a country, either a super-power or a minor nation (if you're really cool) and then play through either the whole of 1936-'45 or just a few years of it. You control every aspect of your country, from technology to diplomacy to subterfuge. Yes, it is very difficult.



The level of detail is stupidly insane, and indeed often irrelevant, down to different air pressures and wind speeds affecting bombing runs. Now I don't know anything about that, so my game is more about me trying not to run Russia into the ground straight away.

So, my plan is to post a diary up here every few days, detailing my (hopefully) successful running (oh, who am I kidding, we all know it's going to end in disaster) of Soviet Russia all the way through from '36 to '45, taking on both the Germans and Japanese in the process. Well, unless I can avoid it that is (because that worked so well for Stalin in real life).

See the collection here: http://mouseclicksandmovingpics.blogspot.co.uk/2011/02/my-heart-of-iron-collection.html

No comments:

Post a Comment