Thursday, 3 February 2011

My Heart of Iron: Part 1

Just a short one to start with, as I have loads of work to do. Should be a larger one on Saturday.

So, Russia then. After the enormous load time (seriously it takes about five minutes) I finally make it to the world map. Holy moley Russia controlled a lot of land. I would put a screen shot here, but the land span is too big to fit on my 22" monitor. This could be a tricky one.



My plan was to immediately militarise the border with Poland (for the inevitable German attack), and preferably start militarising the Pacific theatre as well. My plan was shattered straight away by the ICU (how quickly you make things) restrictions. You have a set amount, and can distribute it between different aspects of your country. If they're too low in certain areas, troops might be unsuplied, or consumers might start getting annoyed with the lack of consumer products. Basically, this means that my basic defensive upgrades are going to take at least 6 months to complete. Doesn't sound too bad, but their are an awful lot of things which could go wrong in that time.

I also wanted to try and remain friendly with as many countries as possible, and so started accepting all the trade agreements coming in. If I could remain as neutral as possible, I might not have to join the war until I want to, preferably in the 1940s. So, the money started flowing in (the only problem being I have no idea what money does in this game) and my produce started flowing out. Russia has a huge scale of production, so hopefully I should be able to keep it up for a decent time.

I also started laying down the foundations for my technological progress. Beef up my infantry, boost production, screw everything else basically.

Taking a look at my government, I was pleased to see most of them were fairly competent at their jobs. Well, apart from Stalin, who seemed to be stealing production or something, and my Minister of Security, Yagoda, who the population hated. Unfortunately I can't swap either of them out (perhaps understandably) so I guess I'll just have to do the best I can with them. At least they aren't too corrupt I suppose.

So it all seems to be starting fairly well. Until Japan cancel our trade agreement that is. I don't like the looks of this.

Collection: http://mouseclicksandmovingpics.blogspot.co.uk/2011/02/my-heart-of-iron-collection.html

No comments:

Post a Comment