Thursday, 6 October 2011
First look: Man of Steel
If you're interested you can see a larger version of the Promo shot here!
I'd like to run you guys through the recent revelations concerning the Superman reboot 'Man of Steel'.
Well, at this years comic-con we got the first promo image released from the film. Rather controversially (sarcasm unless you love superman) he's scrapped the kiss curl and seems to have come to his senses concerning his choice of underwear (although the shot is rather dark). Of course if you choose to scour the Internet you will also run face first into arguments concerning cape style, the choice of blue etc, but let's try to stay the right side of scarily obsessive here. We also have confirmation that the generic evil doer that Kent will have to grapple with will the General Zod, I'm sure that means something to someone out there.
Possibly the most important thing to the success of this reboot lies in the strength of the story, and there is no safer way I would wish to see it handled. Not only is one of the writers the one and only Chris Nolan (Dark knight, inception), but Henry Cavill (Clark Kent) has been quoted as saying "I certainly want to avoid watching too much of the films done previously, or other moving footage, because you can start picking up character traits of other actors' interpretations. The truest source of superman is the comic books, and I want to immerse myself in those". This means we might finally see a return to form Superman has quite frankly deserved for many years. We just have to cross our fingers and pray it all falls right.
-James
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment