Monday, 10 October 2011

First look: Darkest hour


Trailer for the film here

I cannot tell you how excited I am for this film, because quite frankly it looks amazing, the kind of concept that has yet to be explored in depth, and boy do I hope this is the film to deliver. The concept revolves around a generic end of the world scenario, but it's the specifics that puts this film in a league of its own. Because these are creatures you cannot see, and hopefully I don't have to tell you, it's damn hard to escape from something you can't see. The film takes place in downtown deserted moscow, a location I have yet to see explored in a film. This also adds a fresh twist to the plot, as it prevents anything about the précis feeling stale.



 My real excitement stems from how they have decided to allow the audience to perceive these creatures. They give off an electrical energy, meaning the characters we follow can be alerted to the presence of the creature by light bulbs illumination, from the trailer alone this seems to lead to some really interesting scenarios, and I look forward to seeing what else the story can explore with this concept

-James

No comments:

Post a Comment