(Click screenshots for bigger)
![]() |
| OK, so I like lighting effects. |
You may remember back to the posts I made on Red Orchestra (http://mouseclicksandmovingpics.blogspot.com/2011/07/musings-on-red-orchestra-ostfront-41-45.html) and the Darkest Hour mod for the same game (http://mouseclicksandmovingpics.blogspot.com/2011/07/musings-on-darkest-hour-europe-44-45.html). So when I tell you that I like the Heroes of Stalingrad beta more than the original Red Orchestra and less than Darkest Hour you can get an inkling of my feelings about the game.
The build I’m currently playing
has 10 maps, with only one tank map and a couple of combined operation maps.
And they’re pretty consistently good in all honesty. Some are better than
others, Grain Elevator, Apartments, Fallen Fighters and Pavlov’s House being
particular favourites of mine.
So, what’s different between this
and the original? Well, the most noticeable change is in the animations and
graphics. Obviously the game looks a lot nicer now than the original ever did,
thanks to an enhanced version of the brilliant Unreal 3 engine. This allows for
flashy lighting effects, and some of the best animations I’ve ever seen in
gaming. I’m not even joking; when you see someone sprint it actually looks like
somebody running. Just walking around now looks natural, where the original
made everyone look like a bit of a robot.
On the whole then, it’s already
shaping up to be as good as or better than the original, and I wish my
screenshots had saved properly because it seriously looks great. So, if you’re
looking for something fresh, which actually improves on its predecessor instead
of just copies it, buy it. A review of the actual game will follow its release.






No comments:
Post a Comment