Monday, 14 June 2010

Infamous difficulty playthrough Far Cry 2 14/06



After the 15 minute intro tutorial weird cut-scene thing I was finally ready to test how hard the difficulty was. At the very start of the game there is a "supposed-to-lose" fight (grr) and so i took this opportunity to see how much damage the guns now did. 3 out of 5 health segments apparently. Huh. This instantly ramped up the tension in the game to that i've only felt in games such as S.T.A.L.K.E.R Call of Pripyat. This fear comes from being totally outnumbered and having the knowledge that you could die at any second.



Taking this in my stride I confidently drove out on my first tutorial mission to kill a couple of dudes (surprisingly). I snuck up on the house they were gaurding and quickly took them both down. Wow, I thought, did I really find this game challenging on normal? Then I remembered, no, I did not which is probably one of the reasons I never completed it. Anyway, I quickly returned and then set off to my next objective: kill about 10 guys and free a hostage. I managed to scare off the guy on the machine-gun by setting fire to every single thing around him. I then proceeded to quickly and easily dispatched all of the enemies, taking no damage. To be honest I had expected greater resistance but maybe all games are really this easy.



I drove back to the starting area where I was told, "Congratulations! You've completed the tutorial. Now you'd better go and buy some weapons before you go to the cease-fire zone to get some life-saving malaria pills." Hmm, I responded to the game, I think you're priorities may be a little mixed up. Nevertheless, I drove to the weapon place and spoke to the hostage I had saved in the second mission. Despite completely brushing me off when I SAVED HIS DAMN LIFE, he was now perfectly happy to be my best buddy.
Bastard. I think this is an appropriate time to mention the dreadful voice acting in this game. Everyone in this game either has somewhere they really need to be RIGHT NOW or else really needs the toilet. If there were no subtitles I would have no clue what they were saying they all speak so fast. Also, everyone in this country is apparently either African (fair enough) or an angry English-man. Is it just me that finds it weird that there doesn't appear to be a single member of any other country out to make a profit from killing. But anyway, enough with the nitpicking.

Current playtime: 37 minutes and 45 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment