Tuesday, 15 June 2010

Far Cry 2 Infamous difficulty Part 2

I headed back to the cease-fire zone to grab the available faction mission. On my way out, my "buddy" called to ask me to talk with him, apparently he had a proposition. The problem was this would take me through an extra guard post. But, reckless as I am, I decided to risk, after all, how hard could it be. I parked a few hundred meters away from the post and proceeded on foot. After surveying the post for a few minutes i decided it was safe to open fire. I dropped one enemy, followed by another, when the foliage in front of me was ripped to shreds. Apparently I had miscalculated and there were actually about 10 guards not 2. I lobbed a quick grenade then just ran. I hunkered down behind a large rock and stepped out, taking the occasional pot-shot at one of my pursuers. I eventually took them all down, grabbed some ammo and proceeded, with only 2 magical health syringes left.



Unfortunately I then ran into a patrolling jeep. Literally. I leaped into the turret of my jeep and killed both of my attackers. At that precise time another two jeeps turned up and promptly killed me. Fortunately my second best buddy was able to rescue me and ditch me in cover whilst I healed. After helping him finish the enemies off I proceeded on my way to my other best buddy.

I arrived at the safe house where he told me to go and bully some other guy into changing some coordinates or something. Unfortunately my jeep had been destroyed in the gunfight so I was on foot for the journey. On the other hand, I had just got a grenade launcher. As I was walking down the road , I heard the sudden revving of an engine, and managed to jump out of the way as a car came hurtling past. I quickly pulled out my newly acquired grenade launcher which promptly jammed on me. Oh. In the few seconds it took to unjam my gun the jeep turret had already clipped me with a few rounds so my health was low. Then I got my payback by exploding everything. Of course, as happens a lot apparently, another jeep turned up and capped me in the back of the head.

Final play time: 53 minutes and 32 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment