When we last saw our hero it was shortly before the part
where the game actually starts. This, as you may well remember, was mostly down
to constant crashes. The good news is I think I’ve fixed them, the bad news
being that I only worked out how after I had time to play any more of it.
Nevertheless, I made some progress and should be able to actually make some
real headway this coming week. But for now, here’s that screenshot I promised
you:
![]() |
| Top work whoever designed that sign |
Was it worth the wait? So, as I’m playing on the hardest difficulty and am not an idiot (shut up, I’m not), I decided to head straight for Megaton and grab some easy quests. The Fallout world isn’t exactly green I have to say. In fact I’m fairly certain the only colours are grey, brown and red.
After a short and uneventful trek I arrived at Megaton,
to be greeted by one of my favourite characters. No, not the sheriff, but his
Deputy, who you see standing on the right here.
Now, robots in Fallout are great. They have funny
dialogue, they’re tense to fight and they have a little place in the back,
which if you shoot they go haywire and start attacking anyway. Hilarity often
ensues when you’re a stealthy character who’s good at hacking or shooting. I am
neither stealthy nor good at hacking, and therefore if I even survive to the
robot bits I don’t think I’ll be trying anything like that.
Well there’s the sheriff. Don’t worry, he probably won’t
last long. Sweet hat though.
Next up I went to speak to Moriarty, who apparently might
know something about my dad. After doing his little fetch quest thing (and yes
I did pass a 14% speech test both before and after it crashed), I was ready to
do something fun for once. This screenshot isn’t Moriarty by the way.
![]() |
| Some of the writing is great |
This guy down here is Mister Burke. Now, if you’re an evil
character, you can blow up Megaton’s nuclear bomb by getting a device from
Mister Burke.
Mister Burke is
not a nice man, and I don’t really like him as a character particularly, so I
usually to the good-guy thing and go and cry to the sheriff.
Long story short, it all kicks off between the two of
them, the sheriff gets shot and I take out Mister Burke. Note in the following screenshot
that nobody has noticed or cared that their sole policeman had just been shot.
![]() |
| So...I guess that just happened |
Still, now I had two hats (I decided on Mister Burke’s in
the end) and a bunch of XP. Oh, and an Assault Rifle. Then the game crashed
when I tried to go back outside.
Play time so far: 1hr 24mins








No comments:
Post a Comment