Tuesday, 15 November 2011

Fallout 3 Harcore Playthrough 15/11/11

Part 2

Reloading the game after it crashed, it turned out that I had levelled up. Unfortunately I forgot to take a screenshot, so just imagine that screen from the first post but with the Small Guns and Medicine numbers a little higher. Then I had a pretty awkward meeting with the Sherriff’s kid:
Click shots for bigger



And with that out of the way, I decided to head out on my first proper quest. Moira (the woman you sell stuff to) wanted me to head down to the local super-market and find some food and medicine. Sounds easy enough right?

So, off I head, marvelling at the kind of sad beauty of the early-morning Wastleand.

Arriving at the supermarket, I kind of get the feeling that something’s off, but can’t quite put my finger on it.
Seems legit.

Oh, and I didn’t know whether or not those guys in the background were friendly or not, so I decided to leave them alone. Don’t wanna get killed in some stupid way right?

The uneasy feeling remains when I enter the market itself, not helped by spotting a guy wandering around with a bloody great sniper rifle slung across his back. Sure enough, the place was infested with bandit people, but fortunately my bullets are super-effective against heads.

There was one scary moment, where due to the oddities of the VATS, I ended up putting five bullets into a wall that was clipping into my arm instead of a bandit.

Crisis averted, I snuck around for a bit, killed a few bandits and grabbed some food. That’s the primary objective dealt with, but pushing my luck and going for the meds is probably a good idea right? It means a bigger reward at least.

About that time I get spotted by a patrolling bandit and leg it into little room I found near the entrance to try and hide. No dice, as they follow me all the way there. The first one through the door I fire a few shots at and he backs out, and then I do the stupidest thing I think I’ve ever done in Fallout 3.

So I run up to the door, close it, and quickly throw a Bottlecap Mine on the ground. Then the bandit opens the door again. Predictably that doesn’t end well for me.

I bet she feels pretty silly right now.
Final playing time: 1 Hour 34 Minutes

2 comments:

  1. Bottlecap mine? For just one bandit?! O.o

    Oh well. A good playthrough, while it lasted :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually there were some more guys following him I believe. And yeah, I kind of panicked.

    ReplyDelete